This weekend, Dan is in England. He went home to surprise his Mom for her 60th birthday party, which is great and I am so happy he could be there with her. However, that means I am all on my own - left to entertain myself. I had a list of things to do today, but, well uhm...sometimes lists just need to be forgotten. Or ignored.
What I DIDN'T Do Today:
- Take out recycling
- Make the bed
- Put away my shoes, which I have taken off in different places around our apartment
- Clean the shower (which I swore I would do today...LEAST favorite chore EV-ER!)
What I DID Do Today:
- Slept In
- Enjoyed my coffee, slowly
- Did some desperately needed clothes shopping
- Napped for about 2 hours
- Watched a boatload of DVR'd shows (See: Oprah, Glee and more Oprah)
- Made myself a really yummy dinner
- Read magazines
Today was the nicest day we have had here in Portland all year (72 degrees) and I know that I should have taken better advantage of it, but I didn't. I was so, so tired from this past week at work and just needed a day of letting my heart be my guide and doing as I pleased - which meant not a whole lot.
On the list for tomorrow? Easter dinner at my Dad's house and other than that - I'm not sure. The shower still needs to be cleaned and the apartment needs some major straightening up, but I'm not making any promises. Sometimes slowing down and letting yourself have a break is far more important than any to-do list.