Hello there world...remember me? My name is Jocelyn. I live in Oregon. I am marrying a Brit. I love cheese and wine. I used to really believe that if I hoped hard enough, I could actually be Dorothy from The Wizard of OZ. I have a blog. This blog, in fact. I have severely neglected it. I am ever so sorry.
I feel like all I ever say lately is that "life is crazy." But it is. Absolutely crazy. Totally nuts. Irrationally packed with things to do.
**Correction - irrationally packed with wedding things to do**
I always heard stories about how planning a wedding is like having a second job but I don't think I could have really appreciated how true that is until now.
In addition to all of the wedding madness, Dan and I have been...well, we have just been. We have picked up from where we left off 14 months ago before he had to leave. We go grocery shopping. We watch TV. We unload the dishwasher. We just are and it is just as it should be. This has left me in a constant state of loving my life and has made me very unmotivated to give much attention to anything else.
Since so much has been going on in the last month, I will just give you all a quick recap of my life (since I am sure you are all soooo interested):
1) Dan and I bought a car. My lovely little Saturn that I had had since college decided that her days were done and she was no longer willing and able to be on the road. A lot of people made fun of my little car, but she will always have a soft spot in my heart. We had a lot of good trips together. Anyway - this is not an actual picture of the car we bought but it is the same color and model. It is from 2002 and we got a screaming good deal on it. I have never owned a car this nice and I must say, Mama like.
2) These dresses arrived in the mail. Oh my, how I love these dresses. They are for our two flower girls, ages 3 and 4, and I am just dying to see them wearing 'em. The dresses that we ordered both have a black sash to fit in with our black and white color scheme. They are made out of raw dupione silk and I am fully aware that they made be totally destroyed by the end of the night, but I don't care. By the way, if you are interested in where I found these little darlings, you can find them here.
3) We FINALLY picked a place to have our rehearsal dinner. I have learned that the whole rehearsal dinner tradition is a very American thing to do and will be new to my soon-to-be English family as it is just not something they do over there. For that reason, and the fact that we just want people to be able to relax and mingle, we chose this really cool pizza place called Old Town Pizza on the East side of Portland. Almost everything they used to build this place was refurbished - beams from old barns, fireplace mantle from old church, etc., etc. It is just what we were after - causal and laid back with a great atmosphere and cool decor.
4) Apartment hunting. No photo for this one yet. Our goals: affordable, affordable and...what is that other one? Oh yeah, affordable. You see, we are choosing to live with the bigger picture in mind of buying a house in a few years which means it is time for Jocelyn and Dan to save, save, save. Can't wait to see what we eventually find!!!
5) Wedding. Day. Timelines. Bleh. Figuring out and trying to coordinate the actual day itself has probably been my least favorite part of planning our wedding. It's all about the who, the when, the what and the where. You have rental companies, bakers, florists, Moms, sisters, cousins, friends, guests, etc. who all need to be some where at some time and it has all felt a bit overwhelming at moments. I do trust that it will all get worked out, but the time does seem to be tick tick tocking away much faster than I had anticipated and I will be so pleased when we have a final outline for the day.
So - in a nutshell, that has been my life for the past few weeks. I promise to try to be a better blogger - I really do, but I make no promises for the next 6 weeks.
To all those blogs that I read, love and have a better day because of, I have not forgotten about you. I miss you all and will try my very bestest to get back reading, commenting and spreading the bloggy love.
Have a GREAT weekend everyone!!!