A lot can be said about a person's desk. If you have ever worked in an office, you know this is the truth.
I like to think that I am a pretty clean and tidy person. I simply cannot relax around mess and chaos. (However, I am extremely good at throwing my clothes on the floor when I get home from work and not picking them up for days. Everybody has their "thing" I guess...and that is one of mine.)
Today while working I took a moment to look at my workspace and I have to say, it wasn't pretty. I wish I could have taken a photo of it for you, but cameras are strictly forbidden and we have all contractually signed our life away if we take any photos inside the studio. Ho hum.
With the lack of visual accompaniment, I will just have to tell you what is causing all the clutter:
- 31 post-its on and around my computer. These encompass reminders, useful information and phone numbers I want to reference quickly.
- Lip gloss, a small mirror, Lollia lotion, eye drops and vitamins. This is one girl who believes in the afternoon touch-up.
- My walkie-talkie - the film making lifeline. The darn thing rarely leaves my side.
- 2 glue sticks. I have not used them in months but am too lazy to walk the 10 feet to the supply closet to put them back.
- My water bottle. This, like the walkie talkie, is with me all the time.
- My cell phone. Duh.
- 2 birthday cards. One is handmade by an artist here at work and the other is of a shirtless cowboy wearing chaps in a field. Only the absolute essentials for this freckled-faced Portlander!
- A Nerf gun. Don't ask.
- A Wizard of Oz flipbook. It was a gift and I love it. In case nobody ever told you, The Wizard of OZ is the best movie ever made in the entire universe. Some people don't know this until I tell them. You can thank me later.
- Three stacks of about 40 DVD's.
- Papers, papers, scripts, papers, more papers and piles of papers. I need to do something about all this PAPER!!!
- Headphones, pencil cup, memory stick and tissues. All very useful.
- A stapler that can handle up to 120 sheets at one time. I call it 'Big Bertha' which I wrote on the side in sharpie. I love that stapler. It has made my life better in so many ways.
And, that is about it. There are a few other bits and bobs here and there, but after this very careful and scientific assessment of why my desk looks like it was hit by a tornado, I am going to have to blame the PAPER. It is always the paper, isn't it?
The Nerf gun and The Wizard of OZ flipbook have nothing to do with it. Stop looking at them...it's not their fault!