Friday, January 22, 2010
Reasons Why Today Is Good
I like today. I am totally feeling today. Today and I are jiving.
1) It is Friday. That is an instant lift...instantly :)
2) My sister, who I live with, made me a cup of coffee in a travel mug before I left for work this morning. This random act of kindness makes me a little nervous as I half expect to find one of my favorite sweaters ripped down the middle or something, but nonetheless I loved it. (Just kidding Caitlin and thanks for the cup o' joe!! It was simply chaaaarrrmming!)
3) I weighed myself this morning and I am down another pound after forcing myself to the gym this week. Yay! I have to work REALLY hard for each and every pre-wedding lb. loss, so that make me grin.
4) I am only working until noon today and then leaving to go meet with our caterer for a tasting of all the food choices. Nothing like packing on that lost pound right quick. I really, really, REALLY had wanted Dan to be here for this too, but again, immigration won. If you ever want to know what it feels like to never be able to plan a single thing with any sort of certainty, go through immigration. It will teach you the art of acceptance in no time. BUT - I am still excited to taste all the food and pick our menu!!!
5) Tomorrow I am getting Dan's wedding gift. Wish I could say more, but it is a surprise and a certain Englishman I know just happens to read this little blog, so I will have to tell you more about this later.
6) I am currently drinking MetroMint peppermint water. If you have never tried this stuff, you need to. It is so delish. Here is a link to their website. It is literally water with peppermint in it. So cool and refreshing. I love this stuff.
7) I don't look like Heidi Montag. That makes every day a little bit better.
So yeah - it's a good day for me. Thank you, Friday, for kicking butt thus far. I appreciate it ever so much.
We are very good friends, Friday and I.
Hope you all have a good day!