I am a BIG fan of daydreaming. In fact, not only am I a fan of this practice, but I think that it acts as sort-of a natural form of Prozac. When I am feeling stressed/frazzled/haggard/overwhelmed/etc I often, without even realizing it, resort to daydreaming to get me through. Since I seem prone to one of the aforementioned emotions lately, I have taken to daydreaming like a baby to a bottle.
If you don't let yourself daydream, you should.
Also, if you don't let yourself sing into your hairbrush, you should do that too - but that is a discussion for another time.
Today, as far as my daydreams go, they have been all over the place. As of 1:34pm Pacific time, I have daydreamed about:
1) Living In Bora Bora
Can you blame me?
2) Traveling to Bora Bora
3) Getting on a plane to Bora Bora tonight
3) Living in Dubai where there is a booming film industry and no income tax
4) Trying new food in Dubai
5) Wondering if food in Dubai is like Indian food
6) Eating Indian food everyday and how wonderful that would be
7) Winning the lottery
8) Setting up trust funds for everyone in my family with my lottery winnings
9) Going shopping with my lottery winnings
I would buy this dress first. I love this dress. Now I just want to talk about dresses, not stupid daydreams.
10) Opening up an antique store in the country with my lottery winnings that plays bluegrass music in the background and has sheep and goats wondering around in the backyard
11) Wondering what life would be if I looked like Sofia Vergara who plays Gloria in my new favorite show 'Modern Family'. She looks like this:
12) Buying my first house with Dan
13) Eating pumpkin pie
14) And, my favorite - selling all of my worldly possessions, hopping on a plane with Dan that is headed someplace exotic and exploring the world for a year.
Oh I love my daydreams. I need them. They feed me and keep me going and I am SO not kidding about that. Have you had any daydreams today? Where do you let your head go if it needs a break from everything? Any good daydreams today that you feel like sharing with the rest of the class?