Friday, August 21, 2009
Love, Love, Love
With my departure now 26.5 hours away, I am getting more excited by the minute. Knowing that I will soon be with the man I love means more to me than just about anything at this moment in time. I've got love on the brain, and the heart, and there is not a damn thing I can do about hiding it.
As much as I want to devote this entire post to Dan and why he is so amazing, I am going to instead express my feelings through this adorable list I found on the internets.
And yes, I meant to say internets.
A group of 4 to 8 year old children were asked to describe love and their answers are pretty fantastic. Leave it to children to give some of the most honest and true answers I have ever heard. I hope you enjoy this little ditty as much as I did.
1. "When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love." Rebecca- age 8
2. "When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different.
You just know that your name is safe in their mouth." Billy - age 4
3. "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other." Karl - age 5
4. "Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs. Chrissy - age 6
5. "Love is what makes you smile when you're tired." Terri - age 4
6. "Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK." Danny - age 7
7. "Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss" Emily - age 8
8. "Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen." Bobby - age 7
9. "If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate," Nikka - age 6
10. "Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday." Noelle - age 7
11. "During my piano recital, I was on stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore." Cindy - age 8
12. "My mommy loves me more than anybody . You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night." Clare - age 6
13. "Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken." Elaine-age 5
14. "Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford." Chris - age 7
15. "Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day." Mary Ann - age 4
16. "I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones." Lauren - age 4
17. "When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you." (what an image) Karen - age 7
18. "Love is when Mommy sees Daddy on the toilet and she doesn't think it's gross." Mark - age 6
19. "You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget." Jessica - age 8
Have a Happy Friday everyone!